Plagiarism… what is it?
Copying the work / ideas of other people and pretending it is your own work
What types of things count as plagiarism?
- cutting and pasting from the internet
- copying from other students
- not acknowledging a source
- using an idea from a book or journal without acknowledgement
How can you avoid plagiarism?
- Use your own ideas and words
- Keep a record of everything you read as you go
- Acknowledge all material used – you do this by citing the item used and then referencing it
Help Steve the student graduate from University by correctly answering the multiple choice questions on plagiarism.
Watch the video
A short video overview of plagiarism and the importance of referencing
Duration: 1 minute 18 seconds